Anyone scoping with topics in the field of online marketing knows the value of good and unique content, which is persistently created (three million blog posts are published every day!). Companies who are successful at content marketing try to get the most out of the content they create. With Content Amplification, you have a method for increasing the reach of your marketing campaigns considerably.
The reason for Content Amplification
There is no discussion that content will drive traffic to your website and that organic, persistent traffic is the prerequisite of a good content marketing strategy. When there are difficulties with reaching consistency with your organic traffic, a setup of a plan-B is necessary. At this point, content amplification comes in: a plan to amplify content beyond the range of organic traffic can make the difference in reaching success with your business.
Content amplification describes the process of taking your content to the next level: thus, it is able to reach a considerably broader audience and to amplify the range of your content. It describes the use of not only one type of content but diverse media (paid, owned and earned ones) in efforts to increase your brands scope and to guiden potential customers through the sales funnel.
In order to exert the reach-out of your content, all your promotion and marketing actions are tried to be aligned towards one central goal. The smart usage of paid and owned media channels will support your aim of additionally gaining earned media attention (like real-life engagement, reportings or references to your brand). In this way, your good, organic traffic is amplified in its range and is brought to the attention of customers.
Content Amplification Strategy
- Goals: First of all, think about the goal of all your content amplification effort. It goes hand in hand with your content strategy and has to be thought about thoroughly. You have to know your custom goals. So, you can determine and measure if your marketing actions are working.
- Use of various topics and channels during customer journey:
- Ensure that you have the right content topics to support marketing efforts. Your follower or potential customer must be delivered different types of content. Optimally, this is offered in various formats and from different sources – so every customer liking can be served. Some content amplification steps taken at various channels may cause actions among your users. Some useful content delivery channels in the beginnig of the customer journey might be: remarketing, influencer marketing, digital press release and (paid) social media.
- Later in the customer’s journey, the goal of content is to offer helpful information specific to your products. Some content types can be blog-posts, how-to’s or eBooks. The cannels at this stage might be: paid search, email marketing and social lead nurture.
- Soon your customer is ready to make a – hopefully – purchase decision. At this stage your content should offer a unique promotion. Besides, a confirmation that the choice they’re making is the right one, is useful. Paid search, paid social actions, lead nurture, influencer marketing and email offerings can be applicated here.
- After the decision for a purchase is made, don’t stop giving content to them. Try to get back to them, offer your help, ask for their opinion and provide useful information via email marketing and organic social media.
Content, Content, Content: There should be a clear connection between your amplification and content creation strategy. Adapt the content topics in order to fill-out holes on the way of your customer journey. Maybe tools like a content calendar can be really useful in order to keep an eye on the content topics and continue publishing awesome content.
- Amplification Stage: Use the channels you currently operate, if you find that they effectively help you reach your potential customers. Therefore, consider all the channels and if they can be optimized with one another. Your own channels as well as paid channels can be controlled best, so theay are the best way to start with. But paid, owned and earned media should always work as one single integrity.
Most important tools
Here are some tools, you can use for the amplification of content:
- BuzzSumo is a tool, used for content marketing and SEO campaigns. It is able to quickly identify what content is working well in a certrain industry and who the major influencers are.
- Facebook Ads is a very interesting opportunity for businesses to target ads aimed to the specific audience.
- Buffer is an intuitive social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive social media results.
- Buzz Stream is a web-based software that helps the world’s best marketers promote their products, services and content to build links, buzz, and brands.
Most popular channels
Most used channels, people use to amplify their content today are:
- Google Plus
For establishing an Amplification Strategy, processes for the marketing steps have to be setup. Besides, social media and skilled marketing experts are needed to overtake the tasks, connected with the strategy. In the end, when all steps are taken, they can bring more leads for your business.